If you are as concerned about the potential Gate mega station as we are, here are some things you can do now that will be very effective!
1. Please spread the word to all your friends about the urgency of their participation in our meetings. Contrary to what some folks have heard, this is not a done deal! We plan to challenge Gate on their 24/7 hrs and their liquor license.
2. Attend our Neighborhood Meetings. We've had two so far with great turnouts. Stay tuned for the next scheduled meeting.
3. Attend, ask questions and/or present your views at the Commission Meetings.
4. Make a contribution to Atlantic Beach Cares, LLC for professional costs. We are paying off legal cost from the May hearing and want to have monies to challenge Gate when they get a permit to build the convenience store. If you can help, please donate on our donation page.
5. Send emails or call our Mayor and City Commissioners The more citizens share their concerns, the more likely we are to get their attention. They are our elected officials, and as such, THEY REPRESENT US!
Their contact information is:
REEVES, MITCHELL MAYOR firstname.lastname@example.org (904) 955-0101
HILL, JIMMY CITY COMMISSIONER SEAT 4 email@example.com (904) 759-2758
STINSON, JOHN CITY COMMISSIONER SEAT 2 firstname.lastname@example.org (904) 655-5250
WATERS, BLYTHE CITY COMMISSIONER SEAT 3 email@example.com (904) 234-3361
HARDING, MITCHELL CITY COMMISSIONER SEAT 5 firstname.lastname@example.org (904) 352-6064
6. Write a letter to the editors of our local papers.
7. Sign A Petition. Click here
Thanks for getting involved! Gate will mar our community forever with their plans.
This is a make or break time for our charming seaside city.